Entrepreneurship and running a small business – if it was easy everyone would do it.
So, I want you to give up…
That’s right. You will not make it as an entrepreneur because it’s hard work, time consuming and if you really want to be successful you have to live and breathe it. In fact, not only do you have to live and breathe it, you need to have to have the mindset of an entrepreneur and successful business man or woman, and to be honest you probably haven’t got what it takes.
You see no matter how many mantras you say, or how much ‘tapping’ you do (EFT) to overcome your fears and stresses of growing a business, these are the things that are probably holding you back the most.
Because entrepreneurial success is all about how you approach it – if you find it difficult – and don’t thrive on this, it is NOT for you.
Running a business is hard. It isn’t going to get any easier – ever! In fact the more successful you become the harder it is going to get. When I first started it was more like a hobby, and I scraped by. Now that I have a highly successful business and am growing it week on week, I am finding it is taking up even more time. More clients, more PR work, more content generation, more enquiries, more problems… more complaints.
Did you know the more people you serve the more complaints you will get? It doesn’t matter how well you try to serve someone, you will have complaints, especially as you grow from just being a solopreneur to a business owner.
Also, the more successful you become the more people will hate you. I have a massive aversion to the women coaches who swear in every other word, and are f’ing and b’linding ALL the time. I think it’s unnecessary, and a sad sign of our times. So although I am not a hater, I would never subscribe to these people, or buy from them. Other people love it and become massive followers of theirs. They are marmite. As am I.
HOWEVER, if you are reading this and feel kinda angry, and want to shout at me for saying you need to give up, then you may just be one of the ‘lucky’ few who have it in you:
- You have to have a burning desire to succeed and not being deterred by others -advice is essential for your success.
- You have to have an unwavering desire to change the world, and are on a mission to make this happen.
- You need to have a HUGE ‘why’. A huge ‘why’ you do what you do, so the naysayers don’t affect you AT all! Including me and this blog!
- You must ignore what everyone else says and believe in yourself.
- You have to want to dominate your niche, so that you become the go-to person in your industry.
- You have to differentiate yourself from everyone else, so you create a movement.
- You have to keep getting up, even when you have knockbacks.
- You have to be a thought leader and be prepared to bring a new stance on something; no more cookie cutter approach and copying what other people are doing.
- You have to believe in yourself more than anyone else ever could.
- You have to say ‘yes’ to everything, no matter how scared or fearful you are.
- You have to be prepared for emails and comments on your blogs when people disagree with what you are saying
- You have to take massive action – fast. One of my favourite motivational speakers and sales experts is Grant Cardone, and he speaks of taking 10x action. I would highly recommend everyone tuning into his blogs and YouTube.
- You are the sum of the five people you hang around with, so you have to ditch some of those friends that are holding you back, or at least stop discussing work with them.
In fact, contrary to what many people believe, the only way to have untold success is to be the go-to person in your niche and ‘own’ it. Or in other words – dominate! And if that sounds harsh it’s time to give up.
If you are still reading this and it has fueled your fire for success then it’s time to take action. If you are hungry and are ready to put in more work than you have ever put in before, and dominate your niche, then get in touch.
Here are some things I have asked my clients to do in the past few days:
- You have to put on a workshop, and get 1,000 sign ups in the next two months.
- You have to phone 20 people a day and connect with them.
- You have to tweet twice an hour and write a blog every day.
- You have to up your PR and become the go-to person.
- You have to be a speaker and stand on stage in front of hundreds of people.
- You have to be different, so find a way to stand out (we worked on this bit together).
- You have to stop giving me excuses, so just do it. If Branson and Oprah have time, so do you.
I don’t do wishy-washy, but I get RESULTS. You are not paying me to be your friend you are paying for a solution to your pains. Only serious applicants please.